This position is critical to overall client satisfaction and requires a high level of attention to detail and accuracy. The CSR performs a variety of duties with the objective of processing payrolls for clients, helping onboard new clients, and supporting existing clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide value added customer service through maintaining good working relationships, timely response to questions and inquires.
- Coordinate and perform a variety of complex payroll/HR duties in the preparation, processing, and maintenance of payroll, salary, and benefit calculations so that client employees are always paid accurately and on time.
- Collect, analyze, update, and reconcile payroll data on a weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Research and analyze discrepancies and process appropriate payroll and benefit adjustment entries.
- Perform the calculation and application of garnishment deduction orders.
- Prepare supplemental payrolls as needed.
- Review and balance payroll and benefit data for regular and variable payrolls to ensure accuracy of reporting and distribution of funds.
- Resolve payroll support issues with clients as needed.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, standards, methods, and practices related to payroll and employee benefits; basic accounting principles as related to payroll processing; standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to research, analyze, and retrieve data to prepare and maintain complex payroll records, summaries and reports. Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail orientated, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form; follow detailed directions; set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work; assist in training and coordinating the work of other staff assigned to the section/department.
- Must possess drive and enthusiasm and thrive in a team environment.
- Maintain positive attitude and follow direction of immediate manager.
Education and Experience
- Three to five years of full-time payroll experience preferred.
- Payroll/HR service bureau experience preferred.
- Previous working experience in customer service.
Interested candidates, please send resume or detailed work history along with compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.