About Inova Payroll, Inc.
Inova Payroll helps employers expertly manage their payroll and HR processes. We offer online payroll services to meet the needs of small businesses and human capital management solutions for larger companies looking for a single solution for applicant tracking, onboarding, time and attendance, payroll and tax, HR and benefits, and compliance.
We serve clients across the U.S., taking a consultative, win-win approach to finding the right technology and service blend for payroll/HR professionals and their employees. Inova Payroll was named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies in the U.S. for the past four years and won the Stevie Award for Sales & Customer Service in 2015, 2016, and 2017.
Founded in 2011, the company is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with eight other offices in Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and Texas.
Payroll Operations Manager
The Payroll Operations Manager is the senior operational leader and is responsible for the management and leadership of operational teams. The position is responsible for the team’s performance related to client service, satisfaction, and retention. Oversight will include all elements of payroll service, office management, and ensuring that daily and periodic tasks are completed as scheduled in compliance with policies and procedures. The qualified candidate for this position will manage experienced operational teams, set goals, and provide direction to the team in accordance with senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing, mentoring, coaching and developing payroll staff to meet current position requirements as well as progression proficiencies and succession planning
- Promote a positive team environment
- Leverage existing payroll operations level expertise and processes while also embracing new ideas to manage daily performance of staff and systems to ensure a high level of client service
- Stay current on regulations and requirements impacting the payroll process
- Identify potential areas of risk or vulnerabilities and develop specific, actionable solutions
- Review and monitor internal resolution items and follow up as appropriate
- Participate in projects to develop new tools and processes based on organizational needs
- Oversee the management and completion of special projects assigned to the Payroll Operations
- Leverage technology and processes to gain efficiencies
- Evaluate and enforce the use of audit tools which support the payroll process, ensuring compliance to audit control objectives
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of management reporting (goals, dashboards)
- Promote and enforce adherence to personnel policies and procedures to ensure a productive work environment
- Oversight of implementation process to build scalable, repeatable processes ensuring timely and accurate implementations
- Ensure all custom or non-standard client requests are fully mitigated during the course of implementation
- Escalate major client and internal company issues to Sr. Management
- Focused on prevention and immediate escalation of any suspicious or potentially fraudulent activity
- Ensure resolution of any billing issues
- Work with external vendors and suppliers as needed
- Responsible for the escalation and/or coordination of issues related to facilities or work area improvements
- Minimum of 5 years of prior management experience in the areas of payroll, accounting, finance, or human resources.
- Demonstrated leadership involving skilled teams and change management
- Experienced and extremely comfortable with learning and using payroll applications and office technology
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced payroll environment
- Knowledge and understanding of payroll tax compliance
Interested candidates, please send resume or detailed work history along with compensation requirements to email@example.com.
Inova Payroll, Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.