GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The client application Support role is required to have knowledge of business payroll practices and provide superior client support to our clients. Duties include processing payrolls for clients, helping onboard new clients, and supporting existing clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide value added client service through maintaining good working relationships, timely response to questions and inquiries.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of our complex payroll/HR/Time application for the purpose of assisting clients through continuous training, troubleshooting and analysis.
- Coordinate and perform a variety of complex payroll/HR/Time duties in the preparation, processing, and maintenance of payroll, salary, and benefit calculations so that client employees are always paid accurately and on time.
- Collect, analyze, update and reconcile payroll data on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Research and analyze discrepancies and process appropriate payroll and benefit adjustment entries.
- Perform the calculation and application of garnishment deduction orders.
- Prepare supplemental payrolls as needed.
- Review and balance payroll and benefit data for regular and variable payrolls to ensure accuracy of reporting and distribution of funds.
- Resolve and/or coordinate the resolution or escalation of client support issues as needed.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, standards, methods and practices related to payroll and employee benefits; basic accounting principles as related to payroll processing; standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to research, analyze and retrieve data to prepare and maintain complex payroll records, summaries and reports. Strong organizational and communication skills
- Detail orientated, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form; follow detailed directions; set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work; assist in training and coordinating the work of other team members assigned to the team/department.
- Must possess drive and enthusiasm and thrive in a team environment.
- Work as part of a team to deliver value and service to all clients.
- Maintain positive attitude and follow direction of immediate manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSE or CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of prior experience
- CPA or CPP preferred
- Service Bureau Experience preferred
Interested candidates, please send resume or detailed work history along with compensation requirements to email@example.com.
Inova Payroll provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.