GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Tax Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of payroll taxes and filing of returns for Full Tax Service clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enroll new clients in EFTPS for federal payments; apply for state and local tax ID numbers with various agencies and complete necessary POA forms.
- Remit scheduled payments via EFT or paper to tax authorities in a timely and accurate manner.
- File tax returns to various agencies by due dates to be in compliance with agency requirements.
- Input tax rate and/or deposit frequency changes and perform other required maintenance.
- Research and resolve discrepancy notices issued by tax authority in a timely manner.
- Facilitate packing and delivery of client return copies at quarter end and year end.
- Run daily, weekly and monthly reports and perform necessary procedures to be in compliance with SSAE 16 SOC 1 requirements.
- Provide support to Inova sales and payroll staff regarding tax issues.
- Correct discrepancies in system tax data (“out of balance clients).
- Resolve banking and tax liability differences in the bureau tax bank account.
- Prepare and file amended returns resulting from Prior Quarter Adjustments
- Perform routine tasks such as logging tax notices, updating CRM and tax notice tracking systems, etc.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines, to ensure client’s payroll tax needs are met.
- Detail orientated, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data.
- Ability to multi task – working on tax notices, remitting payments, etc
- Keep up-to-date on tax law changes and payroll tax software updates to ensure compliance.
- Maintain written policies and procedures to ensure tax operations are in compliance with various tax agency requirements.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Tax Manager
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSE or CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous payroll tax experience preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll, wage and tax laws and regulations
Service bureau or multi-state tax experience preferred.
Interested candidates, please send resume or detailed work history along with compensation requirements to email@example.com.
Inova Payroll provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.