Inova Payroll is looking for an optimistic and highly detailed telemarketing sales professional to fill a new role within the sales & marketing team. The sales development representative will focus 75% of his/her time on telemarketing and sales activities and 25% of time assisting with various other sales and marketing projects.
The purpose of the position is to better serve and connect with individuals requesting information from Inova and to create new leads and opportunities through focused prospecting and telemarketing efforts with the overall goal of contributing to Inova’s sales and revenue goals.
This full-time position offers a good base salary and opportunities for performance-based incentive pay. Other benefits include 8 paid holidays annually, paid sick time, health, dental and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, and an opportunity to participate in a 401(k) match program.
The sales development representative will represent Inova as a knowledgeable, helpful and friendly consultant to individuals who have engaged with Inova or who match our target audience. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
- Complete outbound calls in response to inbound requests for information, meeting a one-hour call-back time during working hours.
- Qualify inbound leads and determine status as invalid, marketing qualified or sales qualified.
- Build trust with prospects, listen well to their needs and pain points with their current processes, provide helpful information, and follow through with all commitments within stated timelines.
- Take a thoughtful and transparent approach to working with prospects to determine the overall best fit for their organizations.
- Present Inova’s brand messaging and product value/benefits through phone conversations, email communications, and PowerPoint presentations via GoToMeeting.
- Re-engage cold opportunities on behalf of sales consultants.
- Complete regular outbound calls to existing Inova clients to uncover upsell and referral opportunities. Enter any client requests or issues uncovered into the CRM for follow-up by operations.
- Telemarketing to provided prospect lists to generate interest in our services, gather email addresses for marketing campaign purposes, and set appointments for sales consultants.
- Research each prospect and his/her company via search engines, LinkedIn, and other digital sources to gather meaningful account-related information for purposes of determining fit with Inova’s products and services and building rapport.
- Complete HCM and other product training and stay current on product features and functionality.
- Track all telemarketing and sales activities in Salesforce on a daily basis.
Candidates for the sales development representative position should have telemarketing and sales experience within the payroll or HR technology industry and have demonstrated success in identifying qualified prospects, converting prospects into sales qualified opportunities, and closing the sale within acceptable ratios.
- 4 years sales experience with technology or software company and demonstrated success in attaining stated goals. Payroll, HCM, HRMS, HRIS systems sales experience preferred.
- 2 years outbound calling / telemarketing experience
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written, to various audiences including owner and chief level professionals
- Salesforce experience, or other popular CRM solution; HubSpot or other marketing automation experience is a plus
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Interested candidates, please send resume or detailed work history along with compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Inova Payroll, Inc. provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.