GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
The Tax Specialist is part of the Tax Department. The primary responsibility is to provide client support for tax maintenance that includes processing daily tax payments, monthly, quarterly and annual tax filing, amending tax returns and working with tax agencies and clients to ensure tax compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- File tax returns and make tax payments to various agencies by due dates to be in compliance with agency requirements.
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines, to ensure client’s payroll tax needs are met.
- Detail oriented, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data.
- Communicate orally and in written form with internal staff, clients, and government agencies in a professional manner and maintain a good working relationship with other departments.
- Provide the highest level of customer service when dealing with clients.
- Complete the Cash Collection process daily.
- Update in payroll and tax software any tax changes in rate, frequency and account ID’s.
- Complete state and local tax ID registration applications as requested by clients.
- Prepare and submit POAs to various tax agencies.
- Conduct research, analysis and resolution to payroll related tax notices and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Research and correct discrepancies in system tax data (“out of balance clients”)
- Complete the amendment process and prepare and file amended returns resulting from Prior Quarter Adjustments.
- Assist in the gathering of information for the SSAE 18 audit compliance.
- Work with management to develop and improve the work flow within the tax department as well as the flow between other departments and the tax department.
- Assist Implementation with tax set ups, YTD’s, special client situations to ensure proper set up of new clients.
- Provide support to Inova sales and payroll staff regarding tax issues.
- Manage the lost client process to ensure compliance with client filing and payment requests.
- Work with management to ensure that tax filings and payments are being done in the most efficient manner.
- Proactively maintain knowledge on tax law and payroll tax software updates to ensure compliance.
- Maintain written policies and procedures to ensure tax operations are in compliance with various tax agency requirements.
- Report to management any significant, current, and future problems as it related to payroll taxes.
- Recommend procedures and standards which adhere to local, state, federal rules & regulations and to facilitate automation as the company grows.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Other duties as assigned by the Tax Manager
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSE or CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Previous payroll tax experience preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll, wage and tax laws and regulations
Service bureau or multi-state tax experience preferred.
Interested candidates, please send resume or detailed work history along with compensation requirements to email@example.com.
Inova Payroll provides equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees regardless of a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression.